[bldg-sim] ASHRAE system and fuel comparisons

K Emerson kemerson2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 14:14:46 PDT 2005

Gerald,

You'll be happy to know that waste heat is free
energy, and yes, you would compare your absorption
heater with a gas unit.  If I recall correctly, a unit
off 100 tons or less would be compared to a single
effect direct fired absorber (probably COP = 0.7),
over 100 tons with a double effect direct fired unit
(COP and IPLV of 1.0).

Keith Emerson
(member, ECB subcommittee of 90.1)