[BLDG-SIM] Equest- Central Energy Plant

Scott Runyon srunyon at rmf.com
Mon Aug 28 06:56:20 PDT 2006

For our LEED credit, we are using equest to model a central energy
plant. I am inexperienced in the central energy plant area, and I have
used this software only once before.

Any help is most appreciated:

1)     If I am cooling certain portions of the plant, how do I make sure
that the heat generated by the chillers is not contributing to that
building load. I have louvers and a fan venting the chiller areas. If
the building sees the heat by the chillers, then obviously, I'm never
going to achieve my goal of energy reduction in the cooling department.
I've read about setting the tstat for no cooling or heating, but am
unsure if this is the right way to do it and where exactly on the
screens to input this.

2)     How do I account for exhaust fans in specified zones?

3)     How Do I account for electric unit heaters in specified zones?

4)     How do I account for Air Rotation Units in specified zones?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott Runyon