[BLDG-SIM] RE : Thermal Environment in Urban area Researchs

Bourgeois, Denis Denis.Bourgeois at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Aug 24 10:14:46 PDT 2006

Hi,

SUNtool is an EC-funded project that:

" ... aims to develop an environmental modelling tool and supporting knowledge base that enables planners of communities (architects, town planners, developers, etc) to rapidly define an optimal sustainable solution in terms of building design, site layout, the mix of uses and combination of energy saving and renewable technologies."

http://lesowww.epfl.ch/e/research_complex_suntool.html
http://www.ibpsa.org/%5Cproceedings%5CBS2003%5CBS03_1117_1122.pdf#search=%22SUNTOOL%20A%20sustainable%20urban%20neighbourhood%20modelling%20tool%5D%22

The project is mainly developed at Switzerland's EPFL. To my knowledge, this is still in beta version. For more info, you should contact either:

jean-louis.scartezzini at epfl.ch
nicolas.morel at epfl.ch
darren.robinson at epfl.ch
jessen.page at epfl.ch