[bldg-sim] dual duct system with zone cooling

karen mozes kmozes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:47:18 PDT 2006

Hi all,

We are starting to model a three story office building with a system
consisting of a single 100 hp double duct supply fan with economizer,
preheat coil, hot deck and two ventilation decks. Zones throughout the
building are served by constant volume mixing boxes, of which some include
cooling coils. We have been unable to figure out the most appropriate method
of modeling such system, as eQuest does not have an option for 'zonal
cooling'.

The existing system has been upgraded with the fan now served with a VFD
control, however, further to this improvement we would like to recommend a
total upgrade, with VAV boxes at the zones. In order to check the
feasibility of such ECM we would need to model the system as is...

Any suggestions on how we can proceed?

Thank you,