[bldg-sim] eQUEST: ERROR MSG

micha radi micharadi at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 17 17:53:46 PST 2006

Hello everyone,

I tried to create new Wall Construction in eQUEST. I first created
materials, layers and then construction. However, I got some error messages
and I tried to perform the simulation, but cannot be done.

ERROR MSGS:
- Layers
           Wall has no heat capacity. U-VALUE used!
- Construction
          EWall1 Cons Layers has no data due to previous error.

I only have the resistance value of those materials I want to use. Is it
right that the U-value is automatically calculated based on the materials
selections? So, when I create only such materials, with R-values only, I get
errors. What should I do?

Does anyone know where I could get a list of insulation materials
properties?

Many thanks in advance!

Mich