[BLDG-SIM] Experience with ERV

Mario Mendoza mmendoza at adwilliams.com
Fri Dec 15 14:44:01 PST 2006

Hi Virdi !

As per your comments you might be experiencing a problem with fan
schedules.

I found out is always recommended to enter the exhaust fan and min OA
schedules to have "control" of how much and when outside air is entering
into your spaces. A possible reason of why you are having negative
savings is because you entered the ERV fan schedules that is probably
bringing more outside air than the baseline design.

Please, if you have questions, let me know. Let me know if that was the
reason.

Thanks,

Mario Mendoza
A.D.Williams Engineering
10010-100 Ave
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3
Direct: 780-409-3147
Reception: 780-424-2393
Fax: 780-425-1520
e-mail: mmendoza at adwilliams.com

>>> "Virdi Permana" <vpermana at emsi-green.com> 06/12/2006 1:28 pm >>>

Hello all,
Anybody has experience with ERV in eQuest?
Does this application always generate saving?
I have the following data entered to the ERV:
Sensible ration is in the neighborhood of 75%
Latent ratio is also around 75%
The volume of exhaust air is 6750 cfm
Volume of fresh air is 6750 cfm

The result is generating cost than saving. Do you know what I should do
to correct this?
Thank you very much for the help.

Sincerely,

Virdi Permana