[bldg-sim] Use Energyplus to model supermarket energy systems

deng zheng zhengdengc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 05:51:03 PST 2006

  Hello, everyone,
    Could anybody share experiences on using Energyplus to model supermarket energy systems? How is it?
    Regarding this ability, is there any comparison between Energyplus with eQuest refrigeration version (DOE2.2) and SST from EPRI? Right now, I am using eQuest-R and SST to do benchmarking.
      Recently, I was told that latest version Energyplus has the ability to simulate supermarket energy systems. I am wondering whether Energplus can model different refrigeration systems (central rack, distributed system, secondary loop), display cases and walking-in cooler/freezer, impact of indoor humidity, integration of refrigeration and HVAC system, different control strategies, TEWI.
    Thanks,
    Zheng