[BLDG-SIM] eQuest Installation/Deinstallation Failures

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Fri Dec 1 12:53:33 PST 2006

All,

In attempting to upgrade the version 3.57 on my laptop to version 3.60
(which I have done on my desktop machine without a hitch), I receive an
"Internal Failure" dialog box with error number 0x80040707 and no
description.  The dialog box repeats after clicking OK, and then the
licensing agreement dialog appears, curiously with no licensing
agreement displayed in the box.

Agreeing to the license next shows the "Choose Destination Location"
dialog, and everything appears good to go despite the warnings when on
the next screen "eQUEST 3-6" may be selected as the program folder.

Subsequently clicking on "Next" however results in a dialog box entitled
"Component transfer error" with the statement "unknown error" shown.
Clicking on OK in this box terminates the installer.

I next attempt to remove version 3.57, but the installer terminates with
the same error number.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem, or what to do
next?

Thanks

Brandon Nichols, PE
Mechanical