[bldg-sim] eQUEST - Parametric Runs

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 19:38:10 PST 2006

Micha,

A different SIM file is created for each parametric run, so check your
project folders for more than one SIM file. The yellow striped reports
should have more than your baseline if the simulation of your parametric
runs went through.

What you create in the wizard and what you do with it in the detailed
interface can be completely different things. Including walls,
windows/glazing, HVAC systems etc. You don't have to create everything in
the wizard, the wizard is just to get you started. To make a new wall
(layered), you have to create materials first, layers next and constructions
in the end. Or you can override the layers of existing wall by giving it a U
value which then disregards the actual R value created by the layers. I
would personally suggest creating layers rather than modifying the U value.

And finally I think you are confusing conductance and conductivity, if I
recollect correctly, conductivity is independent of the thickness.

Ramana.

On 12/13/06, micha radi <micharadi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have a problem with creating Parametric Runs Reports, (in eQUEST); I
> used
> Schematic Wizard first and then went to do the Parametric Runs. I did that
> successfully, or supposedly successful. And when I check the summary
> results, I only got 1 type of summary report! No Parametric Reports!
>
> Is there anything wrong I did?
>
> Is it also possible to change the wall construction materials completely?
> By
> only adding the resistance value, after creating a material from scratch.
> tried to change the whole wall materials that were already set via the
> Wizard, and then I got errors and the simulation could not carry on
> performing. Is there any way to include new materials within the Wizard?
>
> Finally, I just want to make sure about something; The thermal
> conductivity
> has a unit of [Btu in/h-ft^2-F], but in the eQUEST, its as [Btu/h-ft-F]
>
> Your help and advice will be much appreciated!
>
> Thank you..
>
> Micha radi

> Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in
> Holiday
> cash from MSN today!
> http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us

Ramana Koti, Sustainable Building Analyst
LEED AP

ELEMENTS | a division of berkebile nelson immenschuh mcdowell architects
106 W. 14th Street Suite 200
Kansas City, Missouri 64105

p 816.783.1635 f 816.783.1501
www.bnim.com| elements.bnim.com