[BLDG-SIM] Green building Studio + Autodesk Building System

Bing Dong allen_dongenergy at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Feb 21 18:26:07 PST 2006

Hi,

  I created a single box building with six surfaces in ABS and add espace  and ezone to it. WHen I exporting gbXML file, it always says "interior  surface does not have an adjacent set" .

  Any ideas?

  THanks,

  Bing

Gwelen Paliaga <gpaliaga at taylor-engineering.com> wrote:          @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  A:visited {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  P.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New"  }  LI.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New"  }  DIV.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New"  }  P {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in;
 FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto  }  SPAN.EmailStyle17 {   COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-compose  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }        Autodesk does not support vertical adjacencies.  In   other words, there is no way to define the adjacency of an espace ceiling to   another espace floor.  We have told Autodesk about this problem   GBS.

  On the other hand, GBS requires adjacencies to be defined   for the model to run.  For many models the results would   be sufficiently accurate if internal partitions were treated as   adiabatic.  If GBS had a switch to ignore vertical adjacencies   and insert adiabatic partition instead, ABS and GBS would work   together.

  In conclusion, ABS epaces and GBS do not work together   for multi story buildings because of the vertical adjacency problem.    Single floor buildings should work although you have to be careful with the   internal load definitions because all the ABS values get pulled into the GBS   model.

      -   Gwelen

  Gwelen Paliaga, Taylor   Engineering, LLC
1080 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 501, Alameda CA   94501
(510) 263-1546 direct, (510) 749-9135 office
(510) 749-9136 fax, (510)   852-1565 mobile
  gpaliaga at taylor-engineering.com
www.taylor-engineering.com