[bldg-sim] Cooling Tower Wet Bulb Reset

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Thu Feb 9 07:04:55 PST 2006

Gerald,

In my experience with PowerDOE, we've simulated wetbulb reset using a reset
control on the condenser loop setpoint, but my memory is that you can only
have a reset schedule based on drybulb.  We developed drybulb reset
schedules that approximated the desired wetbulb function, and then checked
the reasonableness of the schedules by developing hourly reports for
wetbulb, setpoint, and actual loop temp.

One recollection was that in PowerDOE, the descriptions of the input
variables in the reset schedule were very counterintuitive, so the hourly
report was a good way to debug this as well.

Hopefully this is applicable to your situation in eQuest.
Sincerely,
Alec Stevens, PE, LEED AP
DMI
450 Lexington St., Newton, MA 02466