[bldg-sim] simple questions - eQuest

Leela Kala kala_sim at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 20 12:19:33 PST 2006

Hello,
I am using eQuest and  am  not expert in HVAC systems.
I have a simple question (for the expert users):

When we talk about tonnage of a system - does it mean
we go to report SS-D and look for maximum cooling load
(KBTU/hr)and divide it by 12000 (which will give me
the system size in ton)? What about the maximum
heating load (KBTU/HR) in the same report? does it
play any role in system sizing?

I hope the question is understandable. My main aim is
to find out if changing lighting fixtures will
decrease/increase the system size.  It may decrease
the maximum cooling load but increase the maximum
heating load. How should I consider these both loads
calculated in SS-D report?

Thanks for your help..

Leela