[bldg-sim] Insect screens on restricting flow

Ian Doebber Ian.Doebber at arup.com
Wed Jan 11 14:28:48 PST 2006

I'm concerned about insect screens affecting the buoyancy driven airflow for a double skin façade.  I was wondering if anyone new of some papers that have covered the airflow properties of insect screens or can give me some information off hand.  I'm also wondering how to incorporate their effects on the flow by use of discharge coefficients and pressure loss coefficients.

Thanks

Ian Doebber
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Arup
901 Market Street Suite 260 San Francisco CA 94103
tel: 415-946-0292
fax: 415-957-9096
cell: 415-613-4314
ian.doebber at arup.com