[bldg-sim] frictionless chiller

Graham & Megan hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jan 24 11:40:30 PST 2006

Alpana,
Presumably you are looking at the Turbocor centrifugal compressors.  They are a variable speed centrifugal machine with superior low load efficiencies particularly at depressed condenser water temperatures.  While we have had difficulty getting enough data to fit the three chiller curves, I believe the VFD Centrifugal model in Equest / DOE-2.2 will represent the machines as well as can be expected.
Regards,
Graham