[BLDG-SIM] Job Posting: Mechanical Engineer & Energy Analyst, Seattle

Peter Alspach peter.alspach at arup.com
Fri Jun 23 13:15:38 PDT 2006

Mechanical Engineer, Seattle

Arup is a leading international design firm with over 7500 employees
worldwide in 76 offices. We are involved in the design of some of the
most prestigious projects locally and worldwide. Our North America
practice, established more than 20 years ago, now includes over 600
employees in 10 offices. We hire the best and brightest people and
provide an opportunity for growth commensurate with your investment of
skill, energy and desire to contribute and succeed.

- Design mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection,
air distribution, ventilation, air conditioning, building automation and
controls. - Prepare drawings detailing the system designed. - System
design calculations. - Select equipment for use in building systems. -
Report writing. - Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines. -
Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs
and discuss design issues with them. - Incorporate sustainable design
methods in buildings. - Computer modeling related to building physics
including airflow studies (CFD), thermal analysis, etc. - Work on
defined tasks under close supervisor of a senior engineer.

Qualifications:

- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Architectural Engineering with a sound
knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals

Qualities:
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced
environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new
challenges

For our full-time positions, we offer excellent salaries, a progressive
environment and a premier benefits package that includes:

*	Full medical, dental, long term disability and life insurance
coverage
*	Three weeks' vacation in year one
*	10% of annual compensation contributed by the company to your
retirement plan, up to IRS limits
*	Educational assistance
*	Health club subsidy
*	Paid, comprehensive training programs
*	Team-oriented working environment
*	Business casual dress

Please send resume and cover letter to: Susanne Sipola,
Susanne.Sipola at arup.com or apply on-line through Monster at
http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=44821119&AVSDM=2006%2D06%2
D23+13%3A04%3A08&Logo=1&q=arup&cy=us or directly via
http://www.arupamericascareers.com

Peter Alspach, P.E.
Associate
Arup