[BLDG-SIM] OPEN SOURCE PROGRAMS and BEST INTERFACES for ENERGYPLUS

Andy Tindale andy at designbuilder.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 06:49:42 PST 2006

Charlie,

You may find the DesignBuilder interface to EnergyPlus useful for your
educational/practice work because it makes the process of energy modelling
and visualisation relatively quick to learn and apply on real projects, but
provides the accuracy of the EnergyPlus simulation engine.  DesignBuilder is
not open source, but prices are reasonable with educational discounts
available.  You can use DesignBuilder to run any version of EnergyPlus,
including tailored versions which may be engineered by more technically able
students.

You can find out more about DesignBuilder from:
http://www.designbuilder.co.uk

Andy Tindale
DesignBuilder Software