[bldg-sim] Displacement Ventilation in eQuest

Allison Rutter arutter at staenglengineering.com
Wed May 17 10:17:14 PDT 2006

Hi all,

We are modeling a displacement ventilation system in eQuest.  Currently, the
system is set up as a PVVT, with the return air path set to plenum zones and
an economizer with dual enthalpy outside air control.  We have distributed
some of the heat loads to the plenum zones in order to simulate the
stratification in a displacement ventilation system.  I am wondering if the
return air will be appropriately heated by the heat loads in the plenum
zone, and if this higher temperature return air will be appropriately
modeled by the dual enthalpy economizer.  Also, how would you suggest
diagnosing this to see if it is working correctly?

Thanks,

Allison Rutter

Mechanical Engineer, LEED AP

STAENGL ENGINEERING