[BLDG-SIM] DOE-2 Weather Data needed

Joe Huang YJHuang at lbl.gov
Thu May 4 17:36:47 PDT 2006

Back in the early 90's when I worked on the building energy standard for Mexico, I looked into the availability of weather data. The best I could come up was 3 years of data each for 5 locations, of which the closest to Torreon is Monterrey, roughly 300 km to the east. No doubt if you were to contact the US National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) now, you should be able to get many more years of data, but again probably just for Monterrey. However, I did find fairly complete monthly statistics including daily max/mins, humidity, minutes of sunshine, etc., for over 60 cities, one of which, if my memory's correct, was Torreon. At one point I was intrigued by the possibility of developing hourly data from such monthly statistics, but never had the time or drive to look into it carefully.  Larry Degelman, however, has written a program that does this, although his program will require a few other items of input.  So, your choices are to either use Monterrey data (hopefully do a better job than I did with more years of record), or experiment in creating a weather file for Torreon from the monthly statistics.

Joe Huang