[bldg-sim] EnergyPlus,ESPr,TRNSYS

Sasa Pantic usrobotics011 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 18:07:17 PST 2006

Hello all,

I would kindly ask for an information please regarding the comparison between ESPr, TRNSYS and EnergyPlus.
I am using TRNSYS. It is user-friendly oriented, components are very well defined, (including the building Integrated photovoltaics-BIPV).
Based on my short experience with  ESP-r , I understand that ESP-r is not-user friendly oriented software and does not include BIPV library. It only has a PV panels where electrical side is considered.
I have not used EnergyPlus and have no experience with it.

In your opinion, what would be  the major strenghts and weaknesses of each software in therms of accuracy, modeling with BIPV and general impression?

Thank you.
Regards Sasa Pantic