[BLDG-SIM] HERS, RESNET, Energy Star, etc. in Apartment Complexes

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Tue Sep 19 15:08:38 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a potential client who is interested in pursuing Energy Star for a
new Massachusetts apartment complex with an affordable housing component.

Having not done much work with residential construction or Energy Star, I am
looking for some insight into how this might pan out.

Looking on the Energy Star website, I could not immediately locate any
section of the site that dealt with new construction multi-unit apartments.
Can anyone confirm whether Energy Star is applicable to this type of
project?

If it is applicable, can anyone give me an idea of what is involved in
attaining the rating?

Any appropriate links or other info is much appreciated.  Sorry if the
question is too obvious!

Sincerely,

Alec Stevens, PE, LEED AP

DMI