[BLDG-SIM] Custom Schedules in eQUEST

Andy McNamara andyjmc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:11:47 PDT 2007

I am running an eQUEST model under a New York State program that requires a
very specific fractional lighting schedule set by the hour of the day. I
know the DOE-2 input should look like this:

LTG-1 = DAY-SCHEDULE
TYPE               = FRACTION
HOURS              = (1,24)
VALUES             = (  0.008,  0.008,  0.008,  0.008,  0.024,  0.050,
0.056,  0.050,
                      0.022,0.015...)

I know that schedules can be changed in the detailed data interface (cell by
cell, very tedious), but am wondering if there is a repeatable way to
implement the same lighting schedule on multiple projects.  Can I enter this
as a library item that could be easily called upon?

Would it be possible to define a lighting schedule (fractional) and then
call it up from within the wizard or the detailed data interface?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thank you.

Andy McNamara

Andrew McNamara, LEED AP