[BLDG-SIM] LEED energy saving calculations for Industrial Facility

Marcus Sheffer sheffer at sevengroup.com
Thu Apr 12 16:19:23 PDT 2007

Jon,

This is a common response we hear from the design community.  The USGBC EA
TAG felt however that if we are trying to address energy usage then all
energy usage should be addressed.  The pound of CO2 generated per kWh is the
same whether it is the result of cooling or running a conveyance system.  As
we are all aware there certainly are energy saving opportunities for these
loads.

It is possible to document savings for these loads however these are
currently considered on a case-by-case basis.  We hope to develop baselines
for many of these process loads where possible so we can encourage both
designers and owners to address all energy usage.

Marcus Sheffer
Energy Opportunities, Inc/a 7group Company
1200 E Camping Area Road, Wellsville, PA  17365
717-292-2636,  <mailto:sheffer at sevengroup.com> sheffer at sevengroup.com
www.sevengroup.com

  _____