[BLDG-SIM] Exterior shades / daylight on floor surface - ECOTECT

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:28:44 PDT 2007

Leonard,

I haven't done extensive daylighting simulation in Ecotect but I know that
Ecotect uses split flux method to compute internally reflected component
that tends to overpredict daylight levels at sensor points away from
openings.

Using Radiance or Radiance based software like DAYSIM or IES <VE> could be a
better option.

Ramana Koti, LEED AP
Sustainable Building Analyst

ELEMENTS division of BNIM architects