[BLDG-SIM] eQuestv3-51_setup.exe

Scott Criswell Scott.Criswell at doe2.com
Wed Aug 15 10:39:53 PDT 2007

When choosing which release of eQUEST to download from the DOE2.com site
you should rely on the information contained on the eQUEST web page
(http://doe2.com/eQUEST/) or the version number included in the name of
the install file.  You should put very little weight on the date listed
for the file when viewing the eQUEST download area.  The date listed
there generally corresponds to the date in which that file was last
POSTED to the download area and not the date in which that installation
was first created.  Having not posted this file to the download area
myself I cannot say for sure why it was posted on 8/10/07, but my guess
is that it was copied back into the download area by one of the persons
on our development team to accommodate a user that required access to
that particular release.
Another possible reason for an inconsistency between version numbering
and file dates is situations where we are required to update certain
versions in order to achieve some sort of certification - the latest
example being when we posted a revised v3.6 to the site in March 2007
following the posting of version 3.61 and 3.61b in October 2006.  In
this case the CEC required certain changes to v3.6 in order to achieve
certification to perform compliance analysis for California's Title-24
energy code.  The changes that went into the updated v3.6 posting only
affect users using eQUEST to perform Title-24 analysis.  You will
generally find cases like this one explained on the eQUEST web page.

- Scott