[bldg-sim] Building energy simulation

Kofoworola dkoffs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 21:19:51 PST 2007

Dear All,

I am writing to ask for your kind assistance.

I am a graduate student and I am desperately looking for simulation tools to
perform some analysis related to energy performance variation due to
material variation in building envelope of Buildings for my Ph.D. thesis.

I came across your email address while looking for information on the design
decisions and influence on operational energy.  I require a tool which is
simple and yet can predict reasonably well the impact of changing material
compositions of parts of a building on its operational energy. So far, most
of the tools i have examined are either too complex or the simple ones are
only available online for modelling and are thus not suitable

I would be very grateful if you could suggest a software that is simple to
use and also available for free, for student research purposes only, as a
matter of priority.

Many thanks in advance for your cooperation of any kind in this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Again, thank you.

 Sincerely,

O.F. Kofoworola
JGSEE, KMUTT.