[BLDG-SIM] Mysterious space heating load spikes

Randy Wilkinson randy at hvacware.net
Fri Feb 9 14:58:14 PST 2007

Hi All,

Our eQuest model has very strange looking spikes
<http://www.lseng.com/%7Erandyw/stegasaurus.pdf> in the space heating
load profile.  We can't figure out why they would be there.  I put a PDF
of the Monthly Electric Peak Load Profile on my web page
<http://www.lseng.com/%7Erandyw/>.  The is also a PDF of the complete
simulation output <http://www.lseng.com/%7Erandyw/simulationoutput.pdf>
if that helps.  We did a sanity check of inputs...it still looks
insane.  This model was done all with DD wizard inputs.  Anybody got any
ideas? TIA.

http://www.lseng.com/~randyw/
http://www.lseng.com/~randyw/stegasaurus.pdf
http://www.lseng.com/~randyw/simulationoutput.pdf