[BLDG-SIM] Reduction in Energy consumption?

Abaza, Hussein ABAZAH at ecu.edu
Tue Feb 27 09:57:20 PST 2007

I did some research on a reversible window, A window similar to the commercially available double-hung but can "rotate" to make the low-E coating on surface 2 in summer and on surface 3 in winter. The window was tested on a test cell and simulated on energy-Plus. There is a significant reduction in heating load or cooling load in moderate climates. This paper will hopefully be published soon. In addition, this window will increase the mean Radiant temperature in winter (provide comfort on a lower air temperature) and reduce condensation on windows.

Hussein Abaza, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Construction Management
East Carolina University