[bldg-sim] eQUEST HVAC sizing runs

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Thu Feb 15 13:47:50 PST 2007

Andy:

For chiller and boilers, go into the Water Side Tab (I assume you are in
the Detailed Edit Mode by this time), click on either chiller of boiler,
go to the far right side to Capacity Ratio, and input 1.15 for chiller,
and 1.25 for boilers.

For TWO identically sized machines,  use the logic shown below from the
DOE2 help tab in eQuest.

CAPACITY-RATIO

The fraction of the design loop capacity that the chiller will be sized
to meet. This keyword is allowed only if CAPACITY is not specified. If
you are defining two chillers of identical size that exactly meet the
design loop load, set each chiller's CAPACITY-RATIO to 0.5. To include a
20% safety factor, set each chiller's CAPACITY-RATIO to 0.6. If neither
CAPACITY nor CAPACITY-RATIO is specified, the chiller capacity will
default to the loop capacity divided by the number of chillers attached
to the loop.