[BLDG-SIM] BLDG-SIM Job Posting in Sonoma County, California

seritta seritta at concinnitygroup.biz
Fri Jul 20 17:27:34 PDT 2007

If you are an individual whose goals include applying your knowledge to
solve today's critical energy, water, and other resource issues, we are
looking for you to join our great team. We are extending the functionality
of our building simulation tools to better serve architects and engineers in
the designing of energy and resource efficient buildings all over the world.

You need a solid technical foundation, expert level experience with energy
simulation software, project management and communication experience and an
engineering or architectural engineering degree, and are a licensed
engineer.  We will train you in the necessary areas to keep you at the
forefront of our disciplines.

Responsibilities:

Act as technical lead for mid and entry level staff who carry out simulation
and database analyses, write project reports and assist programmers in
developing software applications that minimize energy and resource use in
buildings and a variety of industries. Manage multiple analyses and
projects.  In addition you will work with Senior Staff to expand the
analysis capabilities with solar, water, and energy analyses including
onsite renewable energy analysis. Work with leading Building Information
Modeling (BIM) vendors (Autodesk, Graphisoft, & Bentley) in testing their
applications with ours.  Periodically, you may conduct energy and industrial
field audits and work as a member of a team improving the energy and
resource efficiency of new and existing commercial and residential projects.
You will analyze building and industrial energy and resource use.

Minimum Requirements:

Engineering or energy related building science degree (BSME or MSME
preferred), five or more years of experience with DOE-2, Equest, and similar
energy simulation application, knowledge of the ASHRAE 90.1 code, LEED and
mechanical design.  Experience using spreadsheet and database tools,
excellent written and verbal communication, and a strong desire to work with
building designers and owners to work outside the box.

Desired Skills:

Experience using EnergyPlus, BIM tools (Revit or ArchiCAD) and familiarity
with utility incentive programs.

If you are interested in applying for this position, please send customized
resume to seritta at concinnitygroup.biz.

With appreciation,

Seritta Krafnick

Seritta Krafnick