[BLDG-SIM] Building additions and shading

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Tue Jul 31 17:27:59 PDT 2007

Kevin:

I am getting a bit old and slow, so I don't quite understand your
questions.

If you are modeling a new construction rectangle that has both ends (say
top and bottom on a plan view) abutting existing structures, I believe
you can make these walls INTERIOR and ADIABATIC. In that way, you have
no outside influence on the wall, and no heat transfer to another space.

You WILL, however, need to make the changes in the .INP text file. You
simply cannot do it in the eQuest overlay.

Why do you care about shading from external sources. Just don't put
those sources In !!

Or have I missed something?