[BLDG-SIM] Direct Control Ventilation

Bryce Eschenbacher bryce at lseng.com
Tue Jun 5 10:04:56 PDT 2007

I am modeling a 40,000 square foot elementary school in Sunnyside WA with
eQuest. The baseline utility cost is around $24,000 a year, for a four pipe
fan coil system. When I add DCV zone sensors the cost jumps to $30,000. I
would like to know if there is some setting that I am not dealing with to
have these sensors work properly. At this point I just select DCV zone
sensors for the minimum outside air control method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryce Eschenbacher, E.I.T. , Mechanical Designer
v:509.747.2179  f:509.747.2186  i: <http://www.lseng.com> www.lseng.com
L&S  Engineering Associates, Inc.
'High Performance Design'