[BLDG-SIM] ice storage

Alpana Jain ajain at setty.com
Wed Jun 27 06:14:13 PDT 2007

I am trying to simulate ice storage in a building using eQUEST

I am running into problems: Can someone help me with what I might be
doing wrong?

1. Can I set my ice making Chiller temperature to 21F even if my loop is
at a higher temperature of 34F?

2. I have a situation when the ice storage works only during the day on
weekdays and in summer only, so how do I set up a schedule for charge/
discharge and off in the equipment control? I am being able to only
schedule for charge and discharge, using the flag sch type! (though my
chilled water loop is scheduled to be off in winter and nights)

Lastly, when I described my thermal storage and ran the simulation the
PS-C report showed zero load and energy use for the ice storage and I
get the following simulation messages

**WARNING***************************************************************
*******

             EQUIP-CTRL: control discharge                has a storage

             seqence number specified, but no storage device is

             attached.

**WARNING***************************************************************
*******

             In Circulation-Loop: CHW Loop 1                      the
thermal

             storage charging flow was drastically reduced because other

             coil flows took higher priority. If using 3-way coil valves

             either change to 2-way valves, or manually specify the

             LOOP-FLOW to be large enough to handle both the 3-way coils

             and the desired charge flow.  Otherwise, tank may fail to

             charge.  First occurrence:  4/16/ 6

I will really appreciate any help.

Thank you

Alpana