[BLDG-SIM] Wind pressure measurements on buildings

Gunes Inan Gunes.Inan at betek.com.tr
Mon Jun 25 06:23:08 PDT 2007

Dear All,

We are looking for a simplistic method to measure the magnitude of wind
pressure (positive or negative) exerted on buildings, especially of
significant height. Wind pressure can normally be calculated from wind
speed but it is an indirect type of measurement, which we don't prefer.

In order to measure wind pressure directly, we thought about using (i)
an appropriate load cell with a flat plate attached on its pin or (ii) a
differential pressure transducer. I talked to some local and
international manufacturers of load cells and pressure transducers but
nobody has experience in such type of measurement.

Any recommendations about such type of measurement (and the sensors
used) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gunes Inan

Betek Paint and Chemical Corp., Inc.