[BLDG-SIM] chiller plant optimization

Sachin Jamadagni SJamadagni at go-sbs.com
Fri Jun 22 07:22:03 PDT 2007

We are looking to model a complex chiller plant which has six chillers
of different sizes. I started to model the building in e-quest and
noticed that we can model only two sizes and types of chillers, i.e. we
can model three screw compressor chillers of 1000 tons and three
centrifugal hermetic chillers of 800 tons, but we can not model six
chillers of different sizes or types. I was wondering whether there is
any way to tweak e-quest to make this model work.

If it's difficult or impractical to model this in e-quest, which
building software would you recommend to achieve this? Our main goal
here is to optimize the chiller plant by running different scenarios,
different chiller sequencing, different supply temperatures,
retrofitting chillers by installing VFD's etc...

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin