[BLDG-SIM] Energy Modeling Software Recommendations for Architects

Peterson, John JPeterson at Vanderweil.com
Fri Jun 22 12:47:54 PDT 2007

IES, while versatile, is not really intuitive or easy to learn.  I've
had plenty of experience learning software & drafting programs, but
IES's VE is very different from anything I've used before or since.  I
think it's getting easier with the updated help section, but sometimes
hunting for something specific was painful.  Drawing complex 3D curves
is difficult, but we have managed to get great quality pictures and fly
thrus.

John Peterson, PE, LEED AP

R.G. Vanderweil Engineers, LLP

625 N. Washington Street     Alexandria, VA  22314-1913

Tel: (703) 683-9700

Fax: (703) 683-2480

www.vanderweil.com