[BLDG-SIM] Atrium-Multi-Level Space

Vickie Chen Vickie.Chen at arup.com.au
Thu Mar 8 22:15:02 PST 2007

Hi all

I have a problem when I tried to model a multi-level space atrium with
skylight.
When I modified the atrium in Wizard as "open to below", there didn't
show any roof surface which I can define skylight.
If I don't modify it "open to below", then there is internal floor in
the model.
I found in the TOPICS manual it shows the program takes solar radiation
absorbed by interior walls into account.
Shall I specify the internal walls adjacent to atrium as "interior
glazing" so that the direct solar can come through?
Or if actually there is no interior glazing, can I specify the internal
walls as "Air"?
I am just concerned about the heat transfer from the skylight and
atrium.
Could anyone give me some advice on how to specify the multi level
atrium with skylight properly.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vickie