[BLDG-SIM] Changing Heat Pump COPs & EERs

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Sun Mar 4 14:38:36 PST 2007

All,

For a particular simulation, I would like to change the ground source
heat pump cooling EER & heating COP to FEMP's 'Best Available' of 25.8
and 4.9 respectively, at standard conditions.

May I avoid tampering with response curves and very simply just change
the cooling/heating electric input ratios as follows:

EIRc = 1/(25.8/3.412) = 0.1322
EIRh = 1/4.9 = 0.2041

Or is this too simplistic?  Ah Sundays, perfect for the quiet
introspective contemplation of energy studies...

Thanks

Brandon Nichols, PE
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS