[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST - Climatic Data

Andrew Craig andrew_c at ieice.com
Wed Mar 21 09:34:11 PDT 2007

Micha---

A good resource for basic insulation costs is the RS Means series of
books, and the Building Construction Cost Data for your question in
particular.
(http://www.amazon.com/Building-Construction-Cost-Data-Means/dp/08762978
66/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-2805651-5885766?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174494514&sr=1-
1)

You might be able to find a copy at the library or a
consulting/contracting firm will have a copy.

For Dubai weather, the best resource I could find was on the US Dept of
Energy website through EnergyPlus.  They offer real time climatic data,
including Dubai and Abu Dhabi.  I haven't tried to convert the text file
they send to a TMY2 file but it may be possible.  Here is the link:

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weatherdata/weather_
request.cfm

Good luck

Andrew Craig, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Mechanical Designer
INTERFACE ENGINEERING
Consultants of Choice to the Built Environment for over 35 years
Kirkland, WA | Portland, OR | Sacramento, CA | Salem, OR | SanFrancisco,
CA