[BLDG-SIM] Multi-level zoning in eQuest

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Mon Mar 19 12:36:28 PDT 2007

One question you (or anyone else) may ask yourself is how much difference it will make when you enter these different zones.

A)  If you have a LEED building you should match the designed zones - lean towards detailed.

B)  If this is a schematic design, and the scheduling and load density of people/lights/equipment of the departments between floors will not be much different - lean towards simplified.

If you are in the middle ground somewhere as will often be the case, then you'll have to decide whether to expend extra time modeling explicitly or using multipliers, or if you are going to need some specific output that you couldn't capture with multiplied floors and/or simplified zoning.

Hope this helps!

David

David S. Eldridge, Jr.
Project Engineer