[BLDG-SIM] TRACE 600

Mark Nieman MARKN at McKinstry.com
Fri Mar 2 11:15:16 PST 2007

There was a "cookbook" in addition to the other manuals for Trace 600
(all hard copies), but CDS no longer appears to support Trace 600 (the
last DOS version of Trace). I've not been able to locate online
documentation at this point. If you can import the file into Trace 700,
you can simulate VSD CT's very easily in the cooling plant section.

Mark Nieman, PE, CEM
Sr. Energy Engineer
McKinstry Essention
Direct: (206) 832-8152
Cell: (206) 510-4760
FAX: (206) 832-8552
http://www.mckinstry.com <http://www.mckinstry.com/>
"For The Life Of Your Building"

________________________________

From: BLDG-SIM at gard.com [mailto:BLDG-SIM at gard.com] On Behalf Of John
Forester
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 10:03 AM
To: BLDG-SIM at gard.com
Subject: [BLDG-SIM] TRACE 600

Hello Everyone,

I am evaluating a project that was simulated in Trane TRACE 600.  I am
trying to model a variable speed cooling tower.  I see an option for a
2-speed tower but that is it.  I can also increase the number of cells
but that does not capture the VFD savings.

Does anyone have a technique to model a VFD cooling tower in TRACE 600?
Is there a user's guide or engineering manual available anywhere?

Thanks,

John

John T. Forester
Demand Management Institute
450 Lexington St. Newton, MA 02466
Phone: 617 527 1525 x109
Fax: 617 527 6606
email: jforester at dmiinc.com <mailto:jforester at dmiinc.com>
web: www.dmiinc.com

This email is the property of McKinstry or one of its affiliates and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.