[BLDG-SIM] Night Cycling Fans and Loads Not Met

Michael Rosenberg Michael.Rosenberg at state.or.us
Wed Nov 28 13:20:14 PST 2007

Using eQuest, I am working on a building model with a VAV system with fans cycling on at night to meet setback temperatures. The SS-C report indicates about 1,500 annual  hours of night cycling. If I change the Night-Cycle-Control from Cycle-On-Any to Stay-Off,  the 1,500 hours of night cycling disappears as expected. However, there is no difference in the number of hours of loads not met either in the BEPS report or the SS-R report. Anyone have an explanation?

Mike

Michael Rosenberg
Oregon Department of Energy
625 Marion St. N.E.