[BLDG-SIM] Brute-force Self Contained Unit / DOA model

Doug Gwaltney DGwaltney at BarrettWoodyard.com
Mon Nov 19 22:25:12 PST 2007

I need some direction.  I'm trying to model a water side economizer
which utilizes cooling tower water to precondition supply air with out a
chiller.  Has anyone done this before?  Is it as simple as setting
WS-ECONO= YES?  I've heard it's possible to model a DOA system setting
up a "dummy" space in eQUEST and placing the resulting .inp file in the
.inp file of the building you are trying to mode.  Is this something
that requires modification of the .inp file by adding a HEAT-EXCHANGER
with TYPE=CROSSFLOW-SUP-MIXED and use the CW loop as the supply or the
like?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Doug Gwaltney

Barrett, Woodyard & Associates

770.810.8800 Office   678.301.2235 Direct

770.810.8808 Fax