[BLDG-SIM] Occupancy Sensors

stobin stobin at smithboucher.com
Fri Nov 16 12:31:37 PST 2007

Has anyone tried to model occupancy sensors for the lighting system in
E-Quest?

I have a rather large building (135,000 sq ft) inwhich 30% or so is
opperated 24/7 and the rest is a typical office building.  We are
including occupancy sensors in each room but we are unsure how to
quantify the savings those sensors may provide.  The only way I
understand to show savings is to reduce the lighting schedules, but I do
not know how much.  I am finding that lighting is approximately 30% to
35% of total building energy consumption and savings here could mean a
decent cost savings.  Has any one had any experiance with this?  I would
appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Steve Tobin, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER