[BLDG-SIM] how to simulate a four pipe system with heat pump chiller providing cooling in summer and heating in winter

Mark Nieman MARKN at McKinstry.com
Wed Oct 24 07:42:51 PDT 2007

It sounds like you may not have specified a pump for your chilled water
loop. Check the loop and see if you have a pump assigned to it. You'll
need to be mindful of your pump energy to make sure you're not
overshooting what your actual system configuration will use.

Mark Nieman, PE, CEM
Sr. Energy Engineer
McKinstry Essention
Direct: (206) 832-8152
Cell: (206) 510-4760
FAX: (206) 832-8552
http://www.mckinstry.com <http://www.mckinstry.com/>
"For The Life Of Your Building"

________________________________

From: BLDG-SIM at gard.com [mailto:BLDG-SIM at gard.com] On Behalf Of nicole
chen
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:37 AM
To: BLDG-SIM at gard.com
Subject: [BLDG-SIM] how to simulate a four pipe system with heat pump
chiller providing cooling in summer and heating in winter

Dear all

I am trying to simulate a four pipe system with heat pump chillers
providing cooling in summer and heating in winter and purchased steam as
supplemental heating source.I planed to build two loops for the project.
One for chilled water , another for hot water. But heat pump chillers
can only be attached to chilled water loop or two pipe loop , not hot
water loop. So I built one chilled water loop for cooling and one two
pipe loop for heating . But there is always a error message " the
chilled water loop has zero flow rate". It seemed a two pipe loop can
not be build together with other type of loop ,such as chilled water
loop or hot water loop. I have no idea of it . I want to know how to
simulate such a system. Thank you in advance.
--
Yours
Nicole Chen

This email is the property of McKinstry or one of its affiliates and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.