[BLDG-SIM] Heat Pump COP

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Fri Oct 12 17:14:06 PDT 2007

Good point Fred, for larger unitary packages and for dialing-in energy
savings rebate studies.  I did say 'arguably', and yours is an
insightful observation.  Scanned all 90.1-2004 but didn't see the
reference you alluded to -- if you can be more specific please advise.

Given the small heatpumps my firm is accustomed to installing, coupled
with the fuzzy level of design at which we're doing our preliminary
energy studies, the simplification of discounting fan operation when
compressors aren't running I think is well within the error bars of the
overall study.

Which doesn't provide any comfort from the realization that this
business gives one plenty of cause to ask where picking the theoretical
flyspecs out of manufacturer's published pepper has crossed a threshold
of mind-numbingly diminished returns!

Regards

Brandon Nichols, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical