[BLDG-SIM] EQUEST compliance analysis for ASHRAE 90.1-2004?

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Tue Oct 2 09:39:28 PDT 2007

There is not currently a predefined ASHRAE 90.1 compliance checker
within the eQUEST software (or any other software that I am aware of).
I have heard rumours that one is in development for eQUEST (which
would be great).

Right now, you create a model of your building using the modelling
software.  Then modify a copy of the model as defined in ASHRAE 90.1
to define the reference model - i.e. change the lighting power
density, the envelope U-values, mechanical system type, capacities and
efficiencies.  Note the requirement for glazing and reference building
rotation (there has been considerable discussion of both on this list
- check the archive).

Hope this helps.