[BLDG-SIM] Glare index in DOE-2

Rob Hitchcock RJHitchcock at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 25 11:21:52 PDT 2007

Mark,

The DOE-2 glare index is the Hopkinson glare index, which is basically
the ratio of window luminance to the average surrounding surface
luminance within the field of view.

The same glare index is calculated in EnergyPlus and is described in the
EnergyPlus Engineering Reference documentation.  Search for Daylight
Discomfort Glare, or Hopkinson for more details.

Rob Hitchcock
========