[BLDG-SIM] An eQUEST mailing list?

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Fri Sep 21 15:06:32 PDT 2007

Don't worry, I'm not trying to stuff the ballot box.  Just wanted to ask
the question "what about the archives"?

Following this list (or multiple lists) to me is only part of the value.
Perhaps even more valuable is the archival knowledge base, and its
simply easier to search if all the information is in one place.
Personally I wouldn't mind it a bit if EnergyPlus was combined with this
list, as gigabyes more valuable information would be searchable with the
same query used on BLDG-SIM info.

We all I think agree that whenever software-specific questions are
raised or answered that the software be identified in the subject line.

There are newbies who don't know, and oldies that sometimes forget this
simple etiquette courtesy.  But please don't throw out the baby
(integrated searchable archive) with the bath water (over occasional
breaches of etiquette).

Ultimately I think we need a BLDG-SIM Wiki.  Google has a roll-your-own
hosted wiki service in the works (similar to blogger, rumored soon-to-be
released), which may make the topical differentiation issues moot.

Let's think about this a bit before pulling the trigger on a new list
too quickly... unless of course you're tired of reading my posts!

Brandon Nichols, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS

600 Stewart Street