[BLDG-SIM] General Q's

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Fri Sep 21 10:20:34 PDT 2007

Hello Steve,

There are plenty of time-traps in eQuest.  One of my objectives as
defacto "Energy Program Manager" here is to develop clear, repeatable
processes for jr. engineers and energy analysts to follow.  Follow these
links to some eQuest tips, learned the "hard way":

Multi-Level Spaces <http://elcca-exchange.blogspot.com/search?q=atrium>
<http://elcca-exchange.blogspot.com/search?q=atrium>
eQuest Wizard Checklist
<http://elcca-exchange.blogspot.com/2006/11/equest-wizard-checklist.html

There are others on the blog, some specific to what we do here, but many
are generally applicable.  Two of our biggest time-savers are 1)
simplification of geometry, i.e. 'flat roofs everywhere', and 2)
elimination of plenums.

FWIW...

Brandon Nichols, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical