[BLDG-SIM] Glazing shading

Larry Degelman ldegelman at suddenlink.net
Wed Sep 12 15:34:27 PDT 2007

Provided the perforated shade cannot be removed (i.e., permanently mounted),
and provided the sun always strikes it before passing through to the window,
I would use the shade’s transmissivity as a multiplier to adjust the
window’s SHGC downward.

LOD

P.S.  I make no claim that this as an official interpretation of the code
method – it just seems logical to me.
Larry O. Degelman, P.E.         HYPERLINK
"mailto:ldegelman at suddenlink.net"ldegelman at suddenlink.net
Professor Emeritus of Architecture     1-979-696-2506
Texas A&M University
   _____